Wednesday, February 1, 2017

F*ck it - A Toddler's Mantra | Raising the Boys



While getting the toddler ready for his tumbling class, he turns around and says,

"When I'm grown up, I can say 'F*ck it."

Yeah.

I just stared at him.

I didn't mean to giggle, but I did.

And he goes, "What? It's true though." 

And shrugs his shoulders and walks into tumbling class.

I grabbed his socks and shoes, sat on the waiting chairs and shook my head.

If only it was that simple. 

AmIright?

Even though a three year old shouldn't be dropping the f-bomb, I was shocked and impressed at the same time.

(And I realized that I really need to watch what I say around that freaking parrot)

Not only did he use it correctly, he used it at the right time you would use it. He really didn't wanna give me his shoes, but I insisted that by me holding onto them, it'd be easier (and faster) to get to the big trampoline. So, he basically gave into wisdom (or so I'd like to think that's why he said what he said) and resisted the urge to argue and possibly cause more problems.

Why can't more adults be like that?

Given today's society climate, wouldn't it just be better to accept the "F*ck it" mantra?

Now, don't get me wrong -- yes, we should still stand up for what we believe is right and not give into pressure (with the proper research, knowledge and morals). 

BUT

When you reach a point of no return when you're shouting one thing and the other is shouting another and neither of you are ever going to agree and the argument is going no where...

Can you just reach a point where we can just say "F*ck it? Let's agree to disagree? Can you just hear me out?"

No, we are never going to reach that point.

Why?

Because we are humans. 

We will fight to our very last dying breath.

My point in all this?

That my toddler taught me a big lesson today. 

Not every argument is worth the win. You have to listen with reason. And sometimes, just sometimes ...

"F*ck it" is just the appropriate response. 




No comments:

Post a Comment