Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Involve the Kids | ‘Werkit Out Wednesday

I know, I know, I haven't been posting my workouts on here for you guys. I've been sucking at that lately. But never fear -- I have been working out and just wanted to give you guys some words of encouragement.

Plus, one tip.

I don't want to workout everyday. And so I don't. 

Sometimes I feel bad about it. Sometimes I'm like, "That was a good choice." 

The kids are cranky. I'm tired. The television is very welcoming. The phone's glow is intriguing. 

I mean there are numerous excuses I can tell you why I didn't workout.

The kicker though? What am I reflecting upon my children by making up these excuses .... and mostly because I use them as the excuse the majority of the time.

I'm not being the best role model I can be. And I mean, I can have rough days. Sick Days. Mental Days. I can, but one turns into two turns into a week turns into a 3 month cookie binge. 

This is MY personal experience. You know you best. But for me - excuses get the best of me. (turning  me in the worst of me)

Here's the most important part of this post though, you don't have to blame the kids make excuses.

You can be a great role model AND get your workout on!

How?

GET YOUR KIDS INVOLVED!

What are you saying Shari?!

I know, it sounds counterproductive. I know my kiddos drive me nuts when I'm trying to workout. They magically want every snack in the house that they CAN'T reach. They need their butt wiped. They want my to read to them. I have become their personal jungle gym. I mean, I could go on and on.

But the number one reason why moms don't work out (in my non-statistically/non-fact checking brain logic) is that they say they have no time because the kids take up all their free time.



Well, get them involved! I mean it!

You guys know already, that I push mine in the stroller all the time. But sometimes they just wanna workout with you and that's okay! You may not be doing as heavy a lift. Or as many rounds/reps you wanted - but you're moving. You're bonding.

That's what a postpartum (ANY) workout is all about!



I know my middle boy always wants to work out (to some extent) with me and I know my little girl is always curious as to why mommy is all sweaty! ;) My eldest runs 5ks with me and even though he complains 80% of the way, he loves crossing that finish line and earning that medal.

1st place in his age group during the El Paso/Mexico International Run!


You're teaching them the importance of self-love and perseverance. You're teaching them to take care of their bodies and to be strong both physically and mentally. You are being the role model they deserve and need.

So get them involved!



No comments:

Post a Comment