Monday, October 24, 2016

In a Funk | Girl Boss

Guys, I'm in a funk.

I'm sure y'all noticed that not many posts have been showing up in your emails (if you follow me).

It's because I've ran out of steam.

It happens to the best of us; I mean, hello?! I'm telling y'all that I RAN OUT OF STEAM. ;)

I kid ... but in all honesty. I have.

Moving the business was fairly simple. Getting business, surprisingly was fairly easy.

But I'm still in a funk.





I think it's the fact that I'm away from my other photographer, creative friends and really haven't found "my people" here in Texas just yet.

I love my clients so much, and all the new faces I have met. But I need to get creative and also tag along with other creatives to get my steam back.

I have been going to many MANY artist galleries and festivals and what not, but I have yet to find "my people." All creatives know how competitive our art is. And because it's so diversified as in who likes what and what appeals to others, it can be very difficult to find a person, let alone a group, that can get all together - with no competitiveness - and enjoy each other's company while getting creative.

I also have been dragging my feet in the "freelance" area of my work. I have yet to contact the public newspaper, or the many city magazines around here.

Why?

I have no clue.

I was enjoying all the free time I had to work on ME - physically and mentally.

But I think I took too long on working on me - if there's such a thing - and now I need to find my motivation to be busy again.

What are some ways y'all got your motivation back? In anything. In business. In health. In family. In life?

As my picture says above, I am staying focused. I am still goal driven. I just need to get my "umph" back!

I'll keep y'all posted. As of right now, I have just finished my "to do" list and contacting newspaper and magazines are right on top.

So wish me luck and hope to hear how y'all got outta your funk.


No comments:

Post a Comment