Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Playground Sweat | 'Werkit Out' Wednesday

Today is the day to get 'werkin' out!!!!

Easier said then done, huh?

LOL

I have been trying to push myself harder in the workout groups I attend, but honestly, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't even be out there working out.

The best thing I could have done was found like-minded people to hold me accountable. Like, physically accountable.

I've had people check in on me here and there, but it's not the same as actually showing up to work out with someone who knows you're supposed to be there for them as well.

So, I thank Strolling Eagles with Team RWB and the No Excuse Mom work out group here in El Paso and Fort Bliss. I'm wishing I had moved on post though! I am on post literally everyday with these groups it seems.

Don't get me wrong, Fort Bliss is awesome. I mean shit, all my workout buddies are there! But it's a 20-30 minute drive from my place off post - depending on traffic and it's a real eater of time when it's an hour round trip. (plus a stop to Starbucks of course.)

If it's not a workout group having me on post, it's a son's doctor appointment or an activity on there.

Today, I had the opportunity to go over the mountain and workout with another group, but again that's another 20 minute drive. And frankly, I just didn't want to today.

I wasn't feeling it.

BUT

Never fear y'all, I still went outside with the toddler in the stroller, ran to the playground, worked out, and ran back. 4 miles down and 20 minute (ish) HIIT.

Yes, that's a giant scorpion in front of the playground ... who does that?!

My point?

Just get out there y'all. Working out with friends is always fun, but sometimes staying near home is even better. What ever floats your boat. Just get out there and move!

Plus, I will STILL be going on post today since they're having free yoga sessions! Maybe this whole staying off post thing was a bad idea? ;)

Here's my work out! (See below signature)

Enjoy!

Playground Workout HIIT:
1 minute exercise, 20 second rest in between exercise-- do twice, no equipment needed besides the playground and a bench/something to step on or sit on.

  • Step ups, alternate legs
  • Bench tricep dips
  • Overhead arm claps
  • Front, back, side leg lifts (right)
  • Oblique standing crunch
  • Front, back, side leg lifts (left)
  • Elevated push ups (top part is elevated, not bottom)
  • Oblique twist, knee up

No comments:

Post a Comment