Monday, November 21, 2016

How NOT to Buy a Mattress | My Hot Mess





Y'all.
I got a new mattress. 

I got the mattress of all mattresses.

I mean, this thing can do everything and anything you want it to do.

... tho it doesn't eject me outta bed in the mornings ...



Did I want a new mattress?

No.

Did I need a new mattress?

Yes and no.

You see, what-had-happened-was ....

Since the move, our "Numbers" bed wouldn't inflate.

On my side ....

Like, I was sleeping in a hole for weeks.

I literally had to ROLL outta bed.



We thought we could put in a claim to have it replaced ... or at least FIXED.

The military came back and said, with a big fat smile I assume too, "NOPE."

Their response was that the bed SHOULD still be under warranty and that there was no wrong doing found on the packers or movers part.

Which is all fine and dandy BUT -- the thing is, the bed DID inflate before we moved.

Now it doesn't.

The mattress isn't under warranty anymore, it has expired and would cost more to fix than replace.

I slept for three months on this damn mattress, hoping that the military loved us enough to fix it.



We appealed the process and got declined again. I'm now in the process of taking it higher, however, the fact remains:

I'm sleeping in a freaking hole!

So, the day before our 13th anniversary, we - on a whim - bought a new mattress.

A "Tempur-pedic."

We's fancy now.

We went from a $4000 bed to another $4000 bed ... and we haven't seen a penny from the military yet.

DOH!



We did get free pillows and a free bed frame ... we also upgraded the size and now we are sleeping on a continent instead of an island ... BUT we are STILL fighting the military to get reimbursed for our broken bed.



It may be an never-ending battle and we may lose in the long run... but dammit, I'mma try my damnedest.

I'd still have our Numbers bed if it wasn't for the moving across the country. I know for a fact. And I'm pissed.

Though, I am sleeping better.



But I'm still pissed.





No comments:

Post a Comment