Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wait, What Day is It? | My Hot Mess





Uh, guys ... did you know today is November 30th?

Like ... December will be here tomorrow.



Like ... what the what?!

I'm sooooo not ready for December!

I still have Thanksgiving decorations up.



I know right? GASP!

HAHA!

I know many of my friends have had Christmas decor up since like, Halloween was over.

Not me, I'm a one holiday a month kinda girl. And I ride it out too.

Halloween decor went up in middle of October, stayed until I put up the Thanksgiving decor...a week into November ... and Christmas decor probably won't go up until Mid-December.

Normally, they'd be going up tomorrow, or this weekend, but I'll be out of town for Army training, and face it. The decorating ain't my husband's thing. LOL I MAY get him out this weekend to hang lights, but I'm not banking on it.

captured a pic of santa last year next to our Trees for Troops tree!


He's in charge of getting the tree while I'm gone because Trees for Troops is the 9th and I'll be gone (or I'd be getting it). LOL I love him, but he's not a decorator. LOL


Do you guys partake in Trees for Troops? You should! It's for military members E6 and below to get a free tree! A REAL TREE. Shooooooot, I take advantage of it every year, and I'm pretty sure this will be the last as my husband does like to get promoted ... haha!

I seriously encourage you to see if they'll be stopping by your post/base this year. Check them out HERE. I love it because we also get a little note from a child or someone who paid for the tree to thank us for our service. So sweet. <3

Also, we have one of those pesky elves that come every year. Normally he shows up after Thanksgiving, or at least the 1st of Dec, he ain't coming until I get back from training ... how will I explain it to the kids?

They've been misbehaving ... so "Raheem" is fed up ... he ain't coming. The eldest is already afraid that the elf doesn't know our new address ... haha!

Kinda trick scare them?

Or maybe say something like he's still making toys at the North Pole ... some shit like that. I don't know. The husband says I'm better at the elf stunts and he forgets a lot of the time. So, the elf will have to wait. LOL



Speaking of new addresses, we still haven't taken our family photo for the Christmas card. It is going to have our new address on it... but the way it's been going, I'll be answering multiple texts and messages and emails with our new address with people individually asking for it instead of being "pleasantly surprised with a beautiful card with our smiling faces on it proclaiming 'WE'VE MOVED!'"

Oh well ... life happens right? 

Who decided to make Oct-Dec the busiest months out there? Like, the year is coming to an end and the Mayans were like, "Shit! we forgot all these holidays! ADD THEM IN QUICK!"

LOL -- I know my history folks. Just go with it.



After all these holidays, my eldest's birthday is in the beginning of January too ... so like, straight from Christmas gifts to New Year sparkling cider to birthday gifts.

Guys, I don't even know what is going on an hour from now ... what day is it?!

Hang in there people, the holiday's will be over soon and soon, we can relax ... until February.

Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment