Sunday, June 5, 2016

Do you even redeye bro?! | My Hot Mess



I headed to Wyoming a few days ago to watch my eldest niece graduate and meet my youngest niece. I didn't think I was able to get to them in time before I headed on a two week annual training mission with the Army and then eventually being busy with PCSing, but I did. I literally left on a Thursday, came back on a Sunday night/Monday morning and then headed to training on a Tuesday. But that meant sacrificing some stuff ... meaning I had to take a redeye.

Redeyes, my dear friends, usually aren't a bad deal. You pay for uncomfortable chairs to sleep the entire ride. Not too shabby ... except for this instance.

And

Here

Goes.

So I'm not even going to harp on the incredibly hard Frontier seats or the fact that they don't even lean back the two inches most airlines give you.

OR
the fact that if I wanted have the extra space for my short legs, I needed to pay for my bag to go in the overhead space bins.

But how the crew chit-chatted at a louder than normal volume in the back of the plane or the incredibly odd little boy I saw staring at me next to his even odder guardian.

Or how I shivered the whole time despite wearing jeans and a sweatshirt.

Not to mention the strangley tall man behind me who would stretch his freakishly long legs under my seat so that his toes - yes HIS TOES, would touch the back of my calves ...

Ga-ROSS!

Basically I can honestly say this was the worst red eye I have ever taken, especially since it was a three hour flight, but with the time change, it ended up being five hours.

Do you people even know how to redeye now-a-days?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment