Thursday, June 23, 2016

PCS?! What the What?! Part 2 | PCS Binder | My Hot Mess


This is Part 2 of my PCS adventures ... y'all ... there's going to be a lot of parts because I've never done this shit and lemme tell ya ...

This.

Shit.

Is.

Bannas.



First things first. Let me put this whole mess into perspective. 

My husband is away for recruiting school. I mean, that's the reason why we are leaving in the first place.

I'm home with my mother-in-law who was able to come out and help for a month. Guys, I'm super lucky for that. Yes it's another body in the house to add to the chaos, but not many military spouses get the luxury of help from family!

Also, I'm preparing to leave for my annual training with the Army Reserve. Oh by the way, the movers come the day BEFORE I head home. So, I'm a panic mess. 

Rule number one, don't tell a stressing military spouse/boss/soldier/momma that "don't worry, everything will work out." 

NOPE.

I repeat. 

NOPE. not the best thing to say. Also don't tell her/him that she's freaking out. That spouse has every right to freak out, y'all. THIS. SHIT. IS. STRESSFUL.

Any way, trying to relieve the stress, I searched the inter webs for anything that would be useful. I came across. Military Printables, an Etsy shop with many printable things to help ease life. Low and behold, I found a printable for PCSing. What the what?! For $15, I bought that shit and printed it out.


 Next came the laboring task of putting everything in a binder and then started to collect all the important documents that didn't need to be packed by the movers. Things like, car paperwork, shot records, passports, tax returns, veterinarian paperwork, birth & marriage certificates, and any other important thing I could think of.

Now the owner of Military Printables is a genius. "JD" as she's known on her Etsy shop is described as
"A lover of paper, design, and all things printable. I love art and getting organized (on a budget, of course!). Living day by day on the roller coaster of military life."
And I love her.

No, seriously.

I carried that binder everywhere and it was easy to tell the movers, "NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT!" LOL

She has packing checklists in there, PCS per diem info, budget tasks, charts, and graphs, and shit. Everything.

Granted, I didn't use everything I printed out, but at least she gave me some sort of starting point. Face it, I'm never going to be super organized.

Nope.

When I was made, "organization" was thrown in last minute and that's basically my life today.

No Joke.

But hopefully this helps y'all out like it helped me!

God Speed!



No comments:

Post a Comment