Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Meeting New People | 'Werkit' Out Wednesdays


Okay, so granted the above pictures are my family ... and this post is entitled "Meeting New People."

HOWEVER,

I am using this picture because we are wearing our Team RWB shirts.

(and the fact that I just met a new group of people and shouldn't use their photos on a public forum without their permission ... but I mean, that's just morals right? LOL)

We became members in NC, and when we found out we were moving, this was one of the groups I made sure to check and see if TX had a chapter. And come to find out, El Paso has their very own chapter. So we were stoked.

This was our first run in Texas. It was a 10k which involved us carrying our passports because we ACTUALLY crossed the US/Mexico border for the run. We couldn't pass up this awesome opportunity. This was also the longest run our eldest did.

He complained the whole time.

I mean, the WHOLE TIME.

But in the end, he was first place in his age group. LOL (probably the only 9 year old to run the race, but none-the-less, he was first)

But I digress.

Team RWB has literally surrounded our lives and we didn't feel so lonely when moving. Because well, we still had a "family." Even though we were leaving everything and everyone we knew in NC.

Sooooooo.....

It took a while for us -- ME -- to join in on their awesome activities here in El Paso. But when I saw that some of the ladies get together for a stroller workout. I knew I HAD to go. And thank goodness for groups like Team RWB.

I was immediately greeted and accepted into the crew with like-minded women who have to juggle working out and little children. They get it that sometimes you have to stop your workout to pick up a sip cup. Or you have to walk a little bit because your little one wants to flail their legs around "run" with you, just like you.

Boy! If my legs fly out to the sides like that when I run ... I've got to work on my technique.

But it's cool. Because Team RWB is all about making sure veterans (and their families) stay community involved and know how to integrate into civilian life and to just be around like-minded people. It's awesome. I'm sure I didn't say their mission exactly right, so check out their website HERE.

But the whole point is, get out there guys. I hate meeting new people. I'm a quiet person and I normally won't talk to you until you talk to me. I've always been like that. But I had step out of my comfort zone and just get out there.

Because who really wants to be cooped up in their house all day and not talk to an adult until their spouse comes home from work? I mean, I don't. Do you?

Also, getting out their with other people who share your own hobbies and beliefs sets an example to your children. They get to socialize while momma is werkin' it to better herself as well.

So get out there guys.

Meet new people.

And hell, if you don't like the first group of people ...

Try again. You'll find your "weirdos" eventually. I promise.

I'm still looking for my "weirdos" here ... but I know I'm heading in the right direction. Even though I may have come off a little TOO hardheaded strong-willed when I had to step up and defend Fort Bragg because another woman had a completely different experience than I had ... I really wanna take her back to Bragg and be like, "See? It's rally not THAT bad..." LOL <3 hope she looks past my loud mouth and doesn't hate me just yet ... haha!

Good luck y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment