Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Tighten Down the Hatches | 'Werkit' Out Wednesday




   As I near out my "6 weeks recovery" postpartum, I've been itching to get moving again.

I mean, I understand the whole purpose of waiting 6 weeks after birth to do anything ... your body just went through hell to bring life into this world ... but BOY! Am I bored and tired of being "chubby!"

One issue though ... I'm still nursing. I nursed my middle boy while I trained for a half marathon. So, I mean, it's not THAT big of a deal. I just remember the hassle of sports bras and nursing while on a long run with the stroller (and baby of course).

I felt like I was in a straight-jacket. You need a bra that is tight enough to keep your ladies from jiggling too much, but you also want a bra that is comfortable if you HAD to nurse in a jiffy.

There was no in-between.

So I went to the best sources I knew, Facebook friends.

I asked them about the best nursing sports bras that they could think of. A lot offered their opinions, but most said Motherhood (the store) had the best, most comfy sports nursing bras out there. So, I headed to Motherhood.

motherhood.com
This is what I found ... though cute, this is not going to hold my large nursing boobs full of milk while I run. I did try on the bra just in case I was just being stubborn.

I did a few jumping jacks in the changing room, and sure enough, I almost lost an eye. This sports bra is probably good for Yoga or low impact exercise ... definitely not running or lifting or high impact exercise. Mostly, I believe, is because of the straps. They don't support. So you're relying on main part of the bra to compress but gravity takes over.

I did however, purchase a few sleep nursing bras from Motherhood that are OH SO comfy and cute too! I mean, I have TWO lacy sleep bras and I actually feel sexy laying next to my hubby. I mean, I'm still wearing my moo moo to bed, but at least I have lace underneath! 

When I went back to my Facebook friends to tell them my discovery on the bra, they all said the same thing, "Oh yeah. I didn't run in my bras."

Well, with a little dismay I headed to Amazon.com to try and find some damn bras. I was determined not to strangle myself while nursing and training.

I found pretty much the same types of "sports bras" online. Apparently society (or at least businesses) don't think nursing mommas like to run as well.

I DID stumble across Le Leche League's sports nursing bras:

Amazon.com
I was skeptical, so I read the reviews on it from women who had purchased it.


It seemed that the low ratings outdid the high ratings ... but I thought in the back of my head, "It's Le Leche League ... They know what they're talking about and why would they endorse a shit product?"

So I took the leap and purchased two.

And I love them.

They hold my big ass puppies down (as much as a normal sports bra would), they fit fine, they nurse great and I dig it. I'm not a small lady ... I purchased large because according to the sizing chart that's what I'd be. (and I wear large normal nursing bras) I was nervous about the fit because a lot of reviews said they were smaller than actual fit, but I figured smaller would be good. Tighter, less bounce.

They fit GREAT. I honestly think it's true to fit. I don't know why other ladies said they were smaller ... but my bras fit great. They look great under the shirt (most nursing bras make you look saggy ... in my opinion).


You do get the uni-boob that most regular sports bras give, but what do you expect?! It's a tight sports bra that actually works in holding down your breasts!

The opening for the nursing section is held together with a clasp (which I love because pull downs stretch and loose their tightness after a while)


The one thing I DON'T like? The clasp is up near the collar bone, much higher than other nursing bras. It can be difficult trying to be discrete and unlatch the clasp with one hand, but it's workable.


 Just today I went for a 1 mile jog with the bra. There is bounce, but not too much. I mean, I think it's going to vary on how big you actually are. But this bra actually makes it possible to do high impact exercising while nursing. Way to go Le Leche League!

They have many different colors, but for my size I got the boring colors, grey and black. LOL But you should go purchase your own today! Click HERE!

Even if you don't own or want to buy a high impact nursing sports bra, get outside and move! Push your baby in the stroller on a nice walk or baby wear him/her around the block. The main key to getting back to feeling like yourself after pushing a watermelon out your crotch, is moving. Stretch, do yoga, etc. Just move!

'Werkit' out guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment